May 18, 2011

Kite Flying Day

Weeks ago I bought a set of kites for Alicia, but many days went by that I would put it off for another day to fly it. Everyday Alicia would ask me "Mommy when can we fly the kite?" and I would just tell her tomorrow, tomorrow almost everyday...
Well the guilt started to catch up to me...I have been feeling so bad that my poor daughter has been  asking and asking but I would just put it off for another day. Alicia even said with a sad face "Mommy I have never flew a kite before and I want to one day." 
So after dinner today I took Alicia out to FINALLY fly the kite. The wind was not so great and neither was the kite, but she was happy to finally see what it was like to fly the kite. The kite I bought wasn't the greatest and wouldn't really stay up. So next time I will buy her a better one so she doesn't have to do so much running to keep the kite in the air.
It felt good to see my baby girl so happy and excited to finally fly a kite, now she can finally say I flew a kite! I love my Tookie!!!!!!