May 10, 2011


I asked my 7 year old what the word Mom MEANT TO HER, and her response was …………

BE GOOD, AND Be RESPECTFUL ……….



Before I was a Mom,
I never tripped over toys
or forgot words to a lullaby.
I never thought about immunizations.


Before I was a Mom,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind
and my thoughts. And I slept all night.


Before I was a Mom,
I never held down a screaming child
so doctors could do tests, or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night
watching a baby sleep.


Before I was a Mom,
I never held a sleeping baby simply because
I didn't want to put her down.
I never knew that something so small
could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.


Before I was a Mom,
I didn't know the feeling of
having my heart outside my body
I didn't know how special it could feel
to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond
between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small
could make me feel so important and happy.


Before I was a Mom,
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much.


AND, Now that I am a Mom, 


I can say that I finally get it!


My daughters will someday understand why I ground them at times,why I'm never afraid to be friends with them, I am their mother first then friend later...
It will be because of me they will know how to (Nurture their own)
It’s no simple task, but one I believe we were meant to do all along .






In (Moses chapter 4 – 26) it states And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living; for thus have I, the Lord God, called the first of all women, which are many. Like Eve, our motherhood began before we were born. Just as worthy men were foreordained to hold the priesthood in mortality, righteous women were endowed pri-mortaly with the privilege of motherhood. Motherhood is more than bearing children. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us.


The First Presidency of the Church in Nov. 1942 called motherhood “the highest, holiest service . assumed by mankind.” prophets Teach the doctrine of motherhood, again and again. When we understand the magnitude of motherhood, it becomes clear why prophets have been so protective of woman’s most sacred role. For Satan has declared war on motherhood. He knows that those who rock the cradle can rock his earthly empire. And he knows that without righteous mothers loving and leading the next generation, the kingdom of God will fail. And as much love as I have for my Own Children. We have a Father in Heaven who knows and loves us TEN FOLD…..He has entrusted us as women with His children, and He has asked us to love them and help lead them safely past the dangers of mortality back home.



One young mother wrote that her anxiety tended to come on three fronts. One was that whenever she heard talks on LDS motherhood, she worried because she felt she didn’t measure up or somehow wasn’t going to be equal to the task. Secondly, she felt like the world expected her to teach her children reading, writing, interior design, Latin, calculus, and the Internet—all before the baby said something terribly ordinary, like “goo goo.” Thirdly, she often felt people were sometimes patronizing, almost always without meaning to be, because the advice she got or even the compliments she received seemed to reflect nothing of the mental investment, the spiritual and emotional exertion, the long-night, long-day, stretched-to-the-limit demands that sometimes are required in trying to be and wanting to be the mother God hopes she will be. But one thing, she said, keeps her going: “Through the thick and the thin of this, and through the occasional tears of it all, I know deep down inside I am doing God’s work. I know that in my motherhood I am in an eternal partnership with Him. I am deeply moved that God finds His ultimate purpose and meaning in being a parent, even if some of His children make Him weep.



I TO, have felt this type of anxiety, that has lead me to my knees in prayer. I called upon him asking, if I was doing enough? Was my child Happy, Happy to be living here? Happy to be my child. Me to be Her Mom? I finished my prayer and went about folding laundry, Shortly after my prayer was answered by my Sweet Alicia as She walks in to where I was and she looked up at me with her big Brown eyes and says ‘Mom I love you, and I am Happy!



I believe that Motherhood enhances a woman’s relationship with our Father in Heaven .And just as a child is dependent upon their caregiver to meet every nutritional, emotional and social need. I am more dependent upon my Father in Heaven to lead and guide me .





There is no doubt that taking on this role is a Sacrifice, but without sacrifice we wouldn’t KNOW THE JOY , Nor would we know the blessing .






Recognize that the Joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and Satisfaction.